Monday, June 19, 2006

20 things about me....

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so might as well do it now as its the perfect avoidance of doing the washing up!

1. From the ages of 10 to 18 I was going to be - a dog trainer, a writer, a research scientist, a computer programmer (this was when computers used BASIC as a language) , a horitculturist, a botanist (found out they got paid more), a journalist, the first female physicist to achieve worldwide fame, an archeologist and a psychologist - when i left school at 18 with 8 o'levels and 5 A'levels I went to college and did Nursery Nursing to prove that it wasnt only 'low achievers" who did this course. From this I went on to do a Nursing course for learning difficulties (which i never completed)

2. I met my husband 3 days after moving to England to do the above mentioned nursing course and despite having not one thing in common, we've been together ever since - 17 years this september.

3. I used to be confident to the point of arrogance until I had a breakdown which stripped the confidence from me, leaving me just arrogant!

4. I live my life by a long series of principles (which i will write a blog entry on one of these days) which I try very hard not to break!

5. I found out what heresy was when I was 9 years old! Asking questions in school shows you are bright and attentive, asking questions in sunday school shows you are a heretic! This is also the time i found out what Hypocrsy was!

6. I am a very sad, weird type of person who reads acts of parliment, small print on documents and dictionarys! Even sadder is the fact that I then use this knowledge/these words in conversation!

7. I have written hundreds of short stories in my life and started a few novels and got rid of the lot... no-one has ever read any of my fiction! My greatest ambition in life is to write a novel and get it published but I was born 30 years too late - it is harder to get a novel published nowadays than it is to get voted into parliament!

8. I woke up one morning and found I had 3 children, 2 of whom are teenagers!

9. I have an insatiable curiosity about everything... the most begging questions at the moment are: how do the hairs in your eyebrows know what length to grow to and what kind of dog would you get if you crossed a lilac merle border collie with a fawn boxer?

10. I once told a boy in school i had leprosy and threatened to infect him if he didnt stop bullying me and my friends.

11. The thing i hate most about society is injustice.

12. The second thing i hate most about society is discrimination.

13. I have never broken a bone in my body in my life.

14. I did however break my youngest sons leg when he was 18 months ( i was carrying him downstairs and I fell - i was fine, he had a broken shin bone)

15. I can remember nearly every word of conversations and nearly every word i have read but couldnt tell you what i did yesterday

16. I love words! They fascinate me!

17. I have a hair in my eyebrow that is over an inch in length (trying to answer the question above i managed to fool it into not knowing how long it was)

18. I find it very difficult to eat without reading!

19. I love reading, I am totally addicted to it!

20. I played truant in school for my entire o'level year and still managed to pass 8 o'levels.

Phew.. that wasnt easy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home