Monday, June 19, 2006

perching perching

Thats the noise it makes when someone makes another hole in the emotional armour - you know who you are! I spent years building up a solid 3' balwark between me and the world and I armour-plated it and now it looks more like a collander as a result of the guerilla warfare that has been carried out on me by certain people... the strangest thing is that I dont think it is a concerted attack, they are all independent but coincidently have all happened over the same period of time! Very weird!

I've had a very nice day today.... Lythan very kindly gave me a lift to Susans and we spent the whole day playing and chatting... (with a very nice lunch thrown in - Susan is a great hostess!) Lythans photograph stamps are amazing, I need to figure out how they work, there is very little indentation in the rubber - its more scraped away so i dont think the ink adheres to it as well - they look wonderful though. And I made the discovery that the different effects you get with alcohol inks are dependent on the paper used - expensive photo paper works differently to the cheap photo paper and gives a completely different effect - will have to experiment with this!

We had a couple of great conversations in the car on the way there and back - "the basic instability of the infrastructure of society today" on the way there and "the pro's and cons of being a bitch" and "what would the world look like if the steam engine had never been invented" on the way back.... great stuff!

I've been working on the website, which is coming along nicely and I also updated the shop to the newest verion which isnt coming along nicely - this version works on a template system which sounds very cool and is great in theory, but it means that in order to change the colour/look of the shop you have to edit the .css & .tml files directly and there are no wysiwyg editors for these types of files, so basically you have to manipulate the code, upload it, see what has changed, go back and manipulate more code... very time consuming and very frustrating - i know a bit of html but nothing of .php, .css & .tml files so I'm learning by trial and error which is great fun but I dont have the time! Never mind, it gives me an excuse to sit at the pc for hours on end :) and I'm learning the hex codes for colours, which is fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home