Friday, June 23, 2006

pant pant

ok.. getting there... here is a challenge from Lythan...

What are your earliest memories?

My very earliest memory is going to visit our new house in the south side of Glasgow... My Gran babysat Catherine and my great-granda drove the rest of us over to see the house... This was in feb/march 1972, so i was 2yrs 8 months... i can remember seeing the garden and thinking.. ohhh grass! (we were moving from a tenement close to the city centre) and the kitchen had a big yellow old fashioned deep sink.... the strange thing about this memory is that it finishes when we got back to our flat.. i can remember going up the stairs but thats it, which means i have no actual memory of Catherine... she died (aged 9 months) in the august of that year!

Another early memory is after we had moved... there were 2 girls who lived a couple of doors away the same age as me and Elizabeth and we played together... well I was at Gayles house and needed to pee but I wouldnt use her toilet and ran home - my mum was really annoyed that i came home by myself (3 houses down) as i was only 3....

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Anita

I've just spent a very pleasant time reading through your blog - I just kept forgetting till I noticed the link on Lythans.
Thanks for keeping me from my card-making! :-).

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Anita said...

you are very welcome :p.. I'm surprised it didnt put you to sleep!

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Jane said...

great blog entries, Anita- I will get you added to my links asap !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home