Thursday, May 25, 2006

Box anyone?



Today just got better as it went on... Went out with Lythan to Artbase, gotta love craft shopping and I bought my first Quickutz dies (mosaic tiles) have already cut some out, some more alcohol inks (cabin cupboard - great browns) and some other bits. I made up some backgrounds using the new inks then cut them into tiles with the quickutz, havent made any cards yet though....

Then I spoke to my sister and we made up, she wasnt very happy but she realised that I hadnt meant to upset her so we are talking again... phew thats a relief! I dont mind confrontations but I hate misunderstandings hanging over my head, I much prefer to sort them out right away rather than let them fester...

I finished decorating my persil box... dont know if i like it or not, I'm not really into vintage antiquey style which is what this has turned into but the technique worked so I can try with other styles :D



This is a closeup of the top of the box. I used some vintage images that I had printed out for a friend - She makes some stunning cards using these!



This is a side view of the back :D









Bear in mind that this is what it looked like before I attacked it with my alcohol inks! These boxes are difficult to cover as most paints dont completely mask the writing/pictures/colours of the original packaging. So I think it worked quite well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home