Monday, July 10, 2006

Another year older...

Well had my birthday yesterday and managed to survive it :) other people may not be so lucky though....

Here are the family facts: On my side - I have 1 husband, 3 kids, 1 father, 1 mother, 2 sisters, 1 brother, 1 BIL, 1 nephew and 8 cousins (+ a whole load of aunts & uncles) On hubs side I have 1 MIL, 1 MIL's partner, 3 SIL's (+hubs), 2 BIL's (+wives), 2 nephews and 4 nieces.

Yesterday, I get 1 card from my MIL, phone calls from one sister (emma) and my mum & dad and from 1 SIL (siobhan) and an e-card from a cousin (caroline)... that has to be the worst record in history! CBC came up trumps though with 23 Happy Birthday messages :)

Hubs forgot... he didnt forget it was my birthday on the 9th, he just forgot that yesterday was the 9th....

Anyways, we went out for dinner and decided to go somewhere new so we headed to the Festival leisure park at Basildon as it has an abundance of places to eat... We decided to try Chilli's (didnt have a menu outside) but when we got in, there was nothing on the menu that the kids would eat and their childrens menu only went up to 12yrs of age... so we had drinks and left!

We went onto the Honey Pot, which is a Brewers Fayre... menu was excellent, kids menu was brilliant (most impressive kids menu i have ever seen!) and great value for money - 3 course meal with drinks for 2 adults and 3 kids (2 of them teenagers) came to £38!!!!! BUT we were in there for a total of 2 hours 40 minutes, the wait in between courses was stupid! we finished our main course at 5.10pm, by 6pm dessert still hadnt arrived and we had to leave.. so i cancelled that order, made a complaint and got my money back for the desserts - totally spoiled an otherwise perfect meal. the quality of the food was brilliant but the service was abysmal! Still, it will be a funny story in days to come I suppose!

On the plus side - I have permission to make up a £30 order at an online craft shop and my mum will pay it for me.... ohhhhh the possibilities.... I think I will spend today surfing through online shops and deciding what I want.......... :)

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Your Hubby owes you big time for forgetting your birthday Anita.

He should hand over his CC nad let you go on the rampage with it for a whole week.

Give him a kick from me

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Lythan said...

Happy birthday for yesterday! I'll be in touch tomorrow with pressie and card. I've been working away all weekend and forgot to sort it before i went. So sorry...

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Anita !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home