Thursday, July 06, 2006

million-1 chances come up 9 times out of 10...

That is my favourite quote from Terry Pratchett... I think its a brilliant phrase and one we have been conditioned into by films, books etc.... Now bearing in mind that ALL tv shows, films etc follow this principle... this is connors homework.. (a sheet with a load of statements on it - and a table with different columns: impossible, unlikely, likely, certain - and he has to put the statements in the right column)

How Likely?

I will go to Mars for my summer holiday
Connors Answer: Likely - reason: gotta be better than butlins, can granny & granda come too?!

It will rain tomorrow
Connors Answer: Certain - reason: Mummy doesnt want it to!

Manchester United will the FA Cup
Connors Answer: Impossible - reason: Daddy wouldnt like it and nobody does things daddy doesnt like!

My teacher will dye his or her hair green
Connors Answer: Likely - reason: A teacher that uses a puppet could do anything.

My family will win the pools on saturday
Connors Answer: Impossible - reason: We've already got a pool and another one wouldnt fit in the garden

I will play football after school
Connors Answer: Impossible - reason: I'm grounded

I am in a maths lesson
Connors Answer: Impossible - reason: I'm at home doing homework.. duh!

I will have toast for breakfast tomorrow
Connors Answer: Impossible - reason: The bread went mouldy today cause it was so hot


I think this proves, without a doubt, the 'ego theory' of children... either that or he just doesn't grasp the principles of probability......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home