Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Everything happens for a reason....

Its amazing how much more time I have! Its only been 2 days since my pc went kaput but because all my programs are on it, my images are on it - in fact everything i have been doing for the last few months is on it and now I cant work on them (I have the bits but not the software) I suddenly have all this free time!

Wow... i've been surfing, catching up on forums - its great. Just like a holiday! What fun!

I may also have a way to salvage my Wedding Invitations from the scourge of Royal Mail... Flat folded scrolls! This was a brilliant suggestion from Kathy (who is a genius!) This way I can keep my scroll format, wording, paper etc but just fold them flat instead of rolled. I've been having a play and found a few different ways to fold - just have to try out envelopes and see how they survive the postage system. The really interesting thing is that if my pc hadnt broken, i probably wouldnt have been around to get the message and definitely wouldnt have had the time to try it... so yay for corrupted files!

So far it looks like they will fit into the 2nd category of mail so will cost 46p to post which is a lot better than £1, so I may get my customers back!

I think I may spend today playing.. maybe do some of those templates that are around - they look like lots of fun but i've not had a chance to try yet....

I dont think i will fix my pc until the weekend...... ;)

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Yay! Glad to be of help Anita and I really really hope this works out - it would be such a shame to let the Royal Mail win ggrrrr

Now as you've got this extra time, how's about having a go at my template challenge....;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home