Monday, July 24, 2006

First day of the summer holidays!

Well, here it is, the day the kids have been waiting for... its now officially the Summer Holidays!! I used to love this day when i was younger... the whole holiday stretched out in front of you, like it was going to last forever! I would get together with my friends and we would make plans for every day that we could - picnics, going to the park, games we were going to play etc... pure joy! Didnt recognise it as pure joy at the time, unfortunately!

My kids have 3 weeks here with me then Uncle Alan is coming down to take them up to Glasgow, then I'll join them a bit later... I always like to send them up on their own during the summer otherwise they would only see my family when i'm with them and its not the same when "mum's" around.. luckily they are bigger now and can do more for themselves so even if my Mum isnt very well it doesnt matter so much. Alan & Emma will be around too... so will be fun for them!

Now I just have to amuse them for 3 weeks... can't be too hard, can it?





1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Funny how attitudes change.
When I was teaching I was like the kids, desperte for the holidays to start. Now I've given up teaching, I'd really like for the kids to go to school every day of the year :-)
Hubby likes it when the kids are off school though - because the roads are so much quieter for his commute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home