Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I sitll dont wanna...

I did get out yesterday... I just didnt get as far as I should have done, so now I have to go out today as well... (I'm hearing kathys voice in my head as I type this... :P)

I was very much over this, I dont know what brought it back... maybe its just one of those things that come and go....

On the bright side Lythan popped round yesterday with a gorgeous card, I love lythan's cards they are so striking! Then I got an email last night with a gift voucher.. so I can do some more crafty spending.... why is it easier to spend your own money than it is a gift? I am really struggling to decide what to buy!

No takers on yesterdays question I see... This question came up in a conversation I had with my sis (emma) as a follow on to the unstableness of our society (more on this another time) and how we are no longer able to cope and wouldnt know what to do if our artificial crutches were removed....

Emmas thoughts: "well i'd just plug in the kettle to the car lighter and make a cuppa soup!" When challenged on the fact that she wouldnt have her car, she said j"well I would still have it and would just fill lots of cans with petrol" (when told she'd have to fight her way through the thousands of other people with the same idea, her reply was - "I was in the Army Cadets, I can unassemble and reassemble a gun in seconds.....") Then when asked specifically, "if you were left with no resources but nature, could you boil water" her reply was - "I'm gonna invent a cuppa soup that you pour cold water into and it boils the water for you..."

And people wonder why I think humans wouldnt survive? It was a funny conversation none the less...

Our kind of civilisation is built on artificial means - the things we would need to survive would be there, supplied by nature, but we wouldnt know how to recognise them or how to use them... very few people under the age of 40 in the UK know how to lay and start a fire... or how to bank it so its still lit the following morning - I can see a whole group of people standing around after a catastrophe 'oh we cant light a fire, its not allowed... and playing with matches is dangerous'... God only knows what would happen when the matches ran out.... not to mention that they wouldnt be able to get any fuel other than deadfall because knives are even worse than matches.... I doubt if they would be able to debark a branch without cutting themselves anyway.... and as for cooking over an open fire, I wont even go there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home