Friday, July 28, 2006

Have I been in a coma?

I've suddenly realised that its the end of July.... where has the year gone? How can 7 months go by so quickly? I'll have to start buying for christmas soon, its unbelievable!

I'm not completely stupid, i did know it was July (after all my birthday is in that month) but I just didnt realise it...iyswim!

There is an old Scottish superstition that whatever you are doing/whatever your house looks like/who you are with will determine what you do/what your house is like/who you are with for the rest of the year (tried spending it in glasgow but we are still living down here so that didnt work) BUT while we were in Glasgow, every computer in the house was in the kitchen (kids got one for christmas but we couldnt get it up so it was here waiting for them when they got back) and I had had a last minute rush so my craft table had been left totally unorganised - Well, we have every computer in the house in the kitchen and my craft table is a mess :) (except for the 2 in the garage but they dont work)

I have 3 pc's, 2 monitors on my desk and stewart has 1 pc and 1 monitor on his desk - we've networked the kids and his computer so both are online (used his Xbox live ethernet cable cos he's not using xbox live right now) which will be a major pain when mine gets fixed 1. cos its not in the network and 2. cos that will be the main one to get online so the other 2 wont be able to until they are networked again....

I know it sounds like a lot but the computers were really an accident - we had one that we bought years ago - then my work were selling some off so we bought one for £30. Then the first one went Kaput so we built one ourselves (stewarts) then Stewarts brother brought his round cos it had stopped working to see if we wanted it, but it needs windows reinstalling and we havent done it yet, just cannibalised it instead.... then port 80 on my work one fried so it wouldnt go online so we bought a bottom of the range cheapo one but i still use my work one for graphics and the new one for online stuff - then we got the kids a cheapo one too... see? just an accident!

I'm thinking of installing some temporary graphics software on the kids pc but they dont want me to, i think they think its an incentive to get mine fixed :) and if i can work on this one then i wont hurry to fix the other one....

I need to finish off my Sisters book of shadows - its all written, just needs to be printed. I dont want to do it A4 cos i think its too small but i cant find someone who just has a desktop A3 printer - and to get it done at a printers will cost me around £90 which is just too much. I'm thinking of buying an A3 printer and offering a printing service, i cant be the only one who needs just basic printing on A3 size and who needs a cheap option - am definitely going to look into this.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

"The Accidental Computer" eh?

Sounds like a good name for some weird SciFi novel, Anita.

I think Hubby's record was 5 computers on his desk once, but that was at work so not sure it counts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home